Your Life is Like an Engine!
The engine keeps your car running, and sometimes the fix is cheap, but it can quickly escalate into a more serious and expensive issue if left unchecked. Likewise, our spiritual engines need some TLC too, or we will find that we no longer move without a tow truck & trip to the mechanic of heaven!
So how did my joy levels become so critical? Well, like most, the worries of LIFE zapped my strength, and I forgot the promises contained in my inheritance... Promises like:
- The joy of the Lord is MY strength (Nehemiah 8:10)
- Strength & joy are found in God’s house (1 Chronicles 16:27)
- Songs of joy are given to those who take refuge in the Lord (Psalms 5:11)
By the way, every follower of Jesus Christ has an inheritance to claim, and this inheritance absolutely includes JOY! If you've forgotten the details of your inheritance, you only need to go back and read the words from your inheritance scroll, and you will discover promises like:
- Weeping is momentary but joy comes with the morning (Psalms 30:5)
- Knowing the One, True God brings exceeding joy (Psalms 43:4)
- God will anoint those who love righteousness with the oil of joy (Psalms 45:7)
- God will make me hear joy & gladness (Psalms 51:8)
- God restores joy that was lost (Psalms 51:12)
- When I sing praises to God, my lips will shout for joy (Psalms 71:23)
- God will fill me with springs of joy (Psalms 87:7)
I love knowing that I have an inheritance to lay hold of that is NOT of this world. But you do have an enemy who WILL try his best to keep you from experiencing the right now benefits of your inheritance. That's why you have to be vigilant about claiming what belongs to you! Sounds hard, I know, but do you realize that when Jesus overcame this world, He passed on to His followers that same ability? And He also left us the power of the Holy Spirit to OVERCOME every fiery dart the enemy throws at us! So, today you can absolutely lay hold of joy because it belongs to you- a child of the Most High God!
Practice Makes Perfect!
Remember the phrase, "Practice makes perfect?" If you truly want your joy back (or anything that you believe Satan has stolen from you) then you will have to practice keeping God's promises on your lips and in your heart . And if you want to walk in joy every day then you will have to constantly check your joy levels, and plan on DAILY filling your "engine" with the oil of the Word of God.
Now is a great time to get started reclaiming joy. Here is my prayer for you: