You may have lots of questions concerning the imminent event known as the Great Disappearing (rapture). I am here to help you answer those questions. This event has not happened yet, but it will very soon! First, let’s begin by addressing some important questions about the greatest disappearing act mankind will ever witness.
When will it happen?
That is the question of the ages. Throughout history, humans have tried to date the Great Disappearing, however, this isn’t possible for one reason only. That reason is revealed in the pages of an ancient book of prophecy- the Bible! Yes, I said the Bible. This is not a book to shy away from. If you want to know what is going to happen before, during, and after the Apocalypse, you need to read the Bible.
Jesus told His followers these words about the timing of this event:
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone (Matthew 24:36).
Well that pretty much settles the fact that NO ONE can know the exact day and hour of the disappearing, but what can we know?
There are ancient secrets revealed in the Bible that tell us what to expect before the Great Disappearing. Let’s pull the veil off of the mystery of the last days by reading the greatest book of prophecy ever written. We can be armed with truth in a world full of speculation and conspiracy theories.
Ok, so what can we expect before the Great Disappearing? The early signs can be grouped into three categories: mild, severe, and extreme.
Category 1: Mild “birth” pains:
- Many false Christs will come claiming to be the Christ;
- There will be wars;
- There will be rumors of wars;
- There will be famines;
- There will be earthquakes;
The second category of signs will intensify right before the Great Disappearing. You need to know what to expect so that you are ready should this event happen at any moment.
Category 2: Strong “birth” pains:
- The Jews will suffer great persecution;
- Christians will be hated for their testimony of Jesus- they will even be killed;
- Many will fall away from the Christian faith;
- People will betray one another;
- People will hate one another;
- False Prophets will deceive many;
- Lawlessness will increase;
- People will not love one another;
- It will be like the days of Noah. The days of Noah were unique to human history. In order to understand these days, you need to read the first book of the Bible- Genesis. Take time to read the 6th chapter of Genesis for a complete account of Noah’s days. The short story is this:
-the earth was full of violence;
-the earth and its people were corrupt;
-mankind was wicked;
-every thought of every person was evil continuously;
-God was sorry for creating mankind!
- There will be weddings, parties, and daily life events; yet the people will have no understanding of what is about to take place! Jesus used the Greek word ginosko when He described the lack of understanding that people would have right before this event. Ginosko means to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of, and to become acquainted with. Right before the Great Disappearing, life will continue as normal, and people will not perceive the unique time they live in.
The third category is unique, and will occur AFTER the great disappearing. These events lead up to a time called the Second Coming of Christ. We will discuss those signs in a later article.
Now you know what to expect before the Great Disappearing. Jesus forewarned His followers, and they recorded His words for you and I. We can trust the words of Jesus. Do not make the fatal mistake of believing that since so much time has passed since these things were written, that they are unreliable. The passing of time does not take away from these prophecies. In fact, it shows God’s great compassion for His creation. It is amazing that the Creator of the Universe would wait for us to respond to Him. We are not promised tomorrow. If you delay, you will face the worst tribulation mankind has ever experienced.
Jesus may appear at any moment:
For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be (Matthew 24:27).
Are you ready?